I am originally from Providence, RI and moved to North Central West Virginia in 1997. I am the third of three children with an older brother and sister. I was home schooled from kindergarten through high school. During my high school years I had the opportunity to take Fashion Sketch classes from Carola Miles through the West Virginia University Community Arts Program. It was from that class that I discovered my enthusiasm for fashion and immediately started looking into fashion programs at nearby universities. I selected Pierpont Community and Technical College as my first choice institute. In May of 2011 I received my GED diploma, graduating in the Top 10% of Graduating High School Seniors. I began my college education at Pierpont Community and Technical College. I will graduate in May 2012 with my Associate of Applied Science in Fashion Design. Tentatively, I am scheduled to attend Fairmont State University majoring in Theatre with an emphasis in Design starting in the Fall of 2013, and will graduate in December, 2015 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre. While my main concentration has been in the fashion world, I have had an interest for the past five years in costuming. Costuming gives me new inspirations for my fashion sketches, while fashion gives me new designs for costuming. My main inspirations come from designers, musicals, movies, and history, specifically the 1950’s and 1940’s. I love costuming, fashion, and history. The combination of these three works well together as I the time periods and incorporate them into my designs.